Zoom # 565 327 497
A courageous conversation can create an atmosphere of patient listening that blends the elements of mercy and truth, thus facilitating deeper communication. One definition of intimacy is “in to me see.” When we look through another person’s eyes and try to see as he sees, we can begin to understand why he is behaving the way he is behaving.
For 7 weeks we will be working through the book and workbook "How to Be an Antiracist" by Ibram X. Kendi
- I agree to allow these ideas time; to resist the temptation to challenge or even reject them quickly. If necessary.
- I agree to be uncomfortable!
- I agree to listen.
- I agree to forgo any temptation to counsel, fix, educate or redirect others. My comments reflect my experiences, my feelings and my perceptions.
- I agree to exercise inclusive and respectful language in referencing peripheral matters including those of political and/or religious affiliation.
- I agree to stay on topic, understanding that any deviation will result in a “call to topic” from the facilitator.
- I agree to honor confidentiality.
Please arrive prepared. If you fall behind in the reading (it happens), please attend anyway! We ask only that you resist any temptation to redirect a meeting to personal “catching up.”
Titusville, FL 32780